Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Curb-Side Pick-Ups

One of my favorite things I am finding about Toronto is furniture finding. I have a few great circuits of Thrift shops and used furniture stores that I love going to. But even better than that are the wonderful things I have picked up on my block on garbage day. This morning I was walking home from the subway after doing a double shift, evening and night (16 Hours).I was so tired but when I spotted these dressers, I had to have them. There was no one around to help me so somehow magically I mustered up the strength to carry them across the street and up the stairs to my home myself! I can't wait for summer when I can sand and refinish them. The only problem with my new found hobby is that unlike miniature collections or something of that nature, there comes a time when you just can't fit any more furniture in the house! I think Jeremiah probably thinks that time has long since passed. He will be surprised to come back from the holidays to all my new finds! ( I also picked up some great chairs since he left for Calgary,and will post a pic soon!!)

1 comment:

Megan said...

So cute! I love the scalloped edges on them. Fun to see pictures after you told us this story at Christmas. :)